Thursday, January 18, 2007

Spring Semester...

I have had a great break so far - I went home to Maine for the holidays, I traveled some, visited friends and relatives, and of course, kept working on the internship search. It's been really good to have some time off for a while, but I am definitely ready to get back into the swing of things and start the spring semester.

Before the spring semester starts, though, I have a few other activities to look forward to. Next week will be the beginning of our spring semester Lead Week. I wasn't able to go on any of the International Lead Weeks, but I am looking forward to my Atlanta-based course. There were several options to choose from, but I will be taking the Syndicated Data course in which we will learn about different ways to analyze marketing data and draw conclusions and make predictions. The other activity I am looking forward to starting next week is the Goizueta Marketing Strategy Consultancy (GMSC). I will be working on a semester-long consulting project with 6 of my classmates. We have a real world client with a real world issue to solve, which is very exciting. I think this opportunity will really help me prepare for the management consulting position that I am hoping for.

I also have been spending a lot of time preparing for case interviews with consulting firms. It's that time of year, and we are all deep into our summer internship search. It's a lot of extra work, but I'm hoping it will pay off. That's all for now - I'll check in later...

Ben
MBA 08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home